Saturday, July 26, 2014

Five For Friday!

                                                 
This week I went to the local teacher supply store, Utah Idaho Maps and Supply, and purchased some new borders for my bulletin boards! Here's the before and after shots! Gotta love chevron! I actually ended up cutting the border pieces in half so they were a bit thinner than they originally were.




I met a brand new TpT friend this week! Rainah Pray won my giveaway on Facebook and it turns out she lives in the midwest, just a few hours from where I grew up!! Rainah is just starting out on TpT and isn't a blogger {yet!}. I hope everyone will jump over to her store and show her some love by following her! 

My Mom sent me the coolest website this week called 

Once you create your free account, you can click under the tab "Relatives" and do a search on all sorts of categories. It is run by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, so there are searches related to the church on there, BUT for those of you who are not LDS, there are tons of other interesting searches!!

Such as, you can search to see which U.S. Presidents you are related to. Or, if you are related to anyone on the Mayflower! There's a search to see if you are related to any famous Americans! 

So, what did I find out?? 

I was sooo excited to find out I am related to my all-time hero!!!

{I seriously think I have just about every book ever written on this man!!}

I'm also related to Thomas Jefferson, Amelia Earhart, and Mark Twain!! 

If you go to Relative Finder, leave me a comment below and tell me who you are related to!
(This photo doesn't do it justice!)

I'm sooo excited that my new teacher planner came this week! I went with a smaller planner by Plum Paper Designs on Etsy and I just LOVE it!!  It is a bit smaller than my Erin Condren planner that I bought last year, so I am thinking of using this one either for my guided reading groups or as my personal planner. I did love my Erin Condren planner and actually ordered one again for this year! I'll post when it comes in the mail!


           
And saving the BEST for last, this week was my husband's and my 2nd anniversary! I really call it our Family Anniversary as it is my 2nd year being a part of their family and they, a part of mine! My dog Bella and I just adore my step-children and we've had the entire summer together! The summer has gone way too fast! This is our most recent family photo!

I hope you have had a wonderful week!! When do you all start back to school? Leave me a comment below and let me know!

Happy weekend!!

There is Only Love!



11 comments:

  1. Your family is lovely! Happy Anniversary! I have that same border! I like the idea of cutting it - it really is very thick. :)

    - Abbey from Tremendous First Grade Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abbey!! Yes, that border was just a bit too thick for my boards! xo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Kacey! I love 'em! I feel very blessed…they have good hearts! xo

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. OMG your blog is gorgeous! I love the colours and the little sun :)
    I'm heading over to Etsy to have a look at those planners, a mighty bit cheaper than the Erin Condren one I've been pining over.
    New follower!

    Zoe
    Oh the Little Wonders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Zoe! I loved working with DESIGNS BY KASSIE! She was so creative! I like my new planner but it is a bit small for me as far as a teacher planner. I bought the Erin Condren one for teaching and use the Plum Paper one as my personal planner. I hope you find one that is just perfect for you! I'm so excited to have you as a new follower! I'm headed over to follow your blog right now! xox

      Delete
  5. So happy for you Rebecca I can't believe it's been two years. You have a beautiful family. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy!! I am so glad to hear from an old bloggy friend! Time has flown by! Thanks for dropping in to say hi! Love you, girl! xo

      Delete
  6. Titanium Art
    Titanium Art titanium dioxide sunscreen - T-Titanium-arts.com. titanium oxide Titsanium Art. 3D microtouch titanium trim reviews designs by The-Threat-artist titanium oxide in aftershokz trekz titanium T3D Graphics - All the Tithin Style Art!

    ReplyDelete

I just LOVE your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...