Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Linking Party

Rowdy In First Grade  is having a Spread a Little Sunshine linking party! I thought I'd share something happy that happened to me tonight. I was driving down a busy road and noticed oncoming traffic had stopped. In front of the first car sat a little cocker spaniel puppy. All traffic stopped going both directions but no one got out to rescue her. I had my own puppy get run over almost a year ago (a tragic accident), and wasted no time pulling my car over and walking up though the traffic to rescue her. Eventually, after two other motorists got out to help, we cornered her and I got her into my car. It took several knocks on doors of the surrounding neighbors, but eventually, we found her home. That's my little bit of sunshine for the day! I'm soooo happy she is safe!

6 comments:

  1. Once while I was driving, my dog jumped out of my window onto a busy road. Luckily he stayed on the side of the road until I ran and got him, but it was so scary! The other cars waited patiently while I frantically ran to him!! So good for you. :)

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca!

    You left a comment on my blog so I hopped over here to check you out and start following you!

    Tessa
    Spotlight on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. How stinkin' cute is she?! And just like Tessa, I'm following you!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I'm so happy you saved the poor little guy. He looks a bit like my cocker spaniel, without the freckles.
    I'm your newest follower:)
    Hope you check out my blog.

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your comments and for following my blog! I'm was so relieved to have saved that pup! She was adorable! I wish I could have kept her but I already have two dogs and a cat! Hugs,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. That puppy is adorable! Animal lovers rock! When I was four, my cat was hit by a car and it is a memory I will never forget. You are a hero.
    Thanks for the kind words on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I just LOVE your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...