Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I'm On Fire and I've Reached 100 Followers!!

Wow!!! I can't believe I finally reached 100 followers! I honestly am floored to have so many of you following me. It wasn't that long ago that I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see if I'd get 10 followers!!! Thank you for your love and support!

I have seen so many fantastic blog awards being given out around blog-land, but I never thought I'd receive one! I'm soooo excited! Thank you to Holly over at Criss Cross Applesauce In First Grade for the I'm On Fire Award!! Girl, your blog is on fire, too, and if you haven't had a chance to check out her blog please do! She has wonderful ideas!!!


So, I guess for this award I get to tell 7 things about myself and nominate 7 other blogs...The last part is easy! There are so MANY wonderful blogs out there! The first part is harder for me....Here goes!

1. I have the most embarrassing nickname (given to me by my parents, no less) of Booze. My parents say that I loved the game "Peek-a-boo" as a baby so they started calling me "Boo"....then my Dad thought it would be funny to call me "Boozer" and then, well it got shortened to "Booze".  I used to get so embarrassed when they would call me that in public. But, then again, my sister's nickname was "Toad" which isn't a whole lot better!

2. I love the color red and the color pink. I love polk-a-dots, fresh cut flowers and girly things.

3. I've taught for 15 years in the same school with the same principal. All but 3 of those years were teaching First grade. (The other years were in Third.)

4. I've lived in Pennsylvania, Illinois and Utah. I appreciate the different regions of the United States. I grew up in a very rural community and now live in the city. I think I will always be a small-town girl at heart.

5. Every year I drive across country from Utah to Illinois to visit my parents and brothers and sisters. I pack my two dogs, my cat , grab a bag of baby carrots and a can of Dr. Pepper and set out on the two day drive, usually by myself. I have done this for over 20 years. Flying across country is my mode of transportation the other times during the year, but I always look forward to the drive across this amazingly beautiful country of ours every year or two. 

6. My most embarrassing moment was in college. (Well, ONE of them...I have a list....) I woke up late for my 8:00 class and grabbed a pair of jeans out of the dirty clothes, got dressed, and hurried to class. While  running up three flights of stairs I kept feeling something hitting the side of my shoe. Annoyed, I reached down and tugged at whatever was flapping out of the bottom of my pant leg. To my horror, I pulled out a bra! There I stood in the middle of 8:00 a.m. student rush hour holding my bra!! All these guys from my class were going up the stairs with me just stopped and stared then hurried on. Not thinking, I did the most rational thing I could think of, and I shoved it BACK UP MY PANT LEG!! I sat all through class with a bra up my pant leg....(Yah...brilliant!!! Who does that???) 

7. My most memorable true story from teaching was from around my fourth or fifth year teaching. I had just finished some reading assessments on a little boy in my class and he stood up and just kind of did "the potty dance". So I asked him, "Do you need to use the bathroom, honey?" To which he matter-of-factly stated, "No Miss Sutton, sometimes when I sit for too long my p***** sticks to my leg and I have to shake it off." ----- (Things that make you go "Hmmmmm....") 

Ok, there you have it....it's out there in all its glory, 7 wonderful or not so wonderful things about me! (That wasn't so difficult after all....)

Ok, drum roll please! And now for my top 7 blogs!!!








There are soooo many more that I love! Thank you all for sharing your world of work with me!

Rebecca

2 comments:

I just LOVE your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...